Nancy Pelosi wants to beheld accountable by the American people. Let us grant her wish. Here are promises that Pelosi made today on behalf of the next Congress:
• Make America safer by implementing the recommendations of the 9/11 commission.
• Make our economy fairer by raising the minimum wage and ending taxpayer subsidies for sending jobs overseas.
• Make college more affordable by cutting the interest rates on student loans.
• Improve healthcare by allowing Medicare to negotiate for lower prescription drug prices and promoting stem-cell research.
• Achieve energy independence within 10 years by investing America's energy dollars in the Midwest instead of the Middle East.
• Guarantee a dignified retirement by improving Medicare, protecting Social Security, and making it easier to save for retirement.
If Pelosi and the next Congress can deliver on these promises, then brace yourself for a "Permanent Democratic Majority."