Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Google Plus is a big disappointment so far.

So all this noise about Google+, the Facebook killer.  I have read they are over 10 million users and growing like crazy. Yet, if I try to log into Google+, I'm greeted with the message: "Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone."

Why on earth would Google want to promote this service when only a paltry 10 million or so can actually use it? It's irritating to say the least, and my interest is waning. This reminds of the Orkut debacle, when Google did the same thing.  I couldn't log into that service either, unless I was invited. Guess what? No one invited me to Orkut and I setup shop on LinkedIn and Facebook instead.

Come on, Google! Open the doors already and let us in!  I'm tired of standing in the rain.

No comments: