Friday, June 12, 2009

KFME Digital Channel is now 13.

Loyal readers (if there are any) will realize that I often post solutions to weird problems. Life is full of weird problems, some of them very small and very specific but all of them annoying.

Last week I had trouble with the TV card in my media computer. We use it as a DVR with Media Center to record atsc over the air TV shows.

We receive PBS through KFME. KFME recently switched from digital channel 22 to digital channel 13. Maybe most set top boxes can redo the scan easy enough, however, I was lost. I could not find channel 13 programs. Googling around, all the information I could find (including FCC filings) showed KFME on channel 22. Finally I called the bastards and asked them what was going on. They said they switched to digital channel 13, and finally I was able to finally make that adjustment manually to the file:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\EPG\prefs\atscprefs.xml

It all works for now. I hope this was helpful to you.

No comments: