Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Winds of Change, part deux

I don't mind the paychecks. It's the job I can do without.

It seems pretty foolish actually, going into the Christmas season, to quit one's job. But then again, I'll be able to spend some great time with the kids during the holidays and save money on daycare.

I've been trying to get things ready for when the financial umbillical cord is cut Dec. 2? I won't go into details here, but I'm going to try my hand at self employment (again). This time I've decided to take a crack at developing an idea for software that I've had for awhile.

I've already hired two developers to work on separate project ideas: one guy is in Texas, the other in Russia. It's reinforcing an idea that I've held for awhile -- if big companies can outsource software development, why can't little guys? So far, things are on schedule and on budget. They should be -- its what I've been doing for a living.

I would be very pleased if I could make a living this way. Stay tuned.

No comments: