Saturday, October 30, 2004

Happy Halloween

Just a short note to wish you all a Happy Halloween. It's a holiday that my in-laws in the UK find a bit peculiar, but they enjoy getting pictures of the kids dressed up in their costumes. They lament that the holiday seems to be catching on the UK with the younger folks.

My kids love Halloween for all the obvious reasons: it means dressing up, horse play and lots of candy. Mom and Dad, who are usually stingy with candy treats, have to back down during this time of the year. High glucose rules!

This year the daughter has chosen to be Tinkerbell the Fairy; the oldest son wanted to be a puppy so his mother custom made him an original puppy outfit; the youngest must wear the Bumble Bee costume, which has already been worn by the other two. That darn bee costume was so expensive, I'm determined to get my money's worth out of it, even if I have to have a fourth kid!

Tonight is a costume party for Jane and I. I can't remember the last Halloween costume party that we went to. She'll be a Barbie Doll and I'll be my usual Mad Scientist. Nights out are always a big deal for us, since there haven't been that many since the third child came along almost a year ago.

Have a spooky evening dear reader. And enjoy a piece of candy for me.

No comments: