Friday, August 11, 2017

How to Program a Motorola M1225 radio for COR Active Low

I setup a GMRS repeater using a pair of Motorola M1225 Radius radios. I wanted to use the ID-O-Matic IV controller, but I ran into a problem.  The Id-o-Matic would send the CW identification, but the receive radio would not key the transmitter.

I learned the solution was to program the M1225 for "COR Active Low."

This was easier said than done. Nowhere in the Motorola software did I see an obvious place to program COR Active Low.

A little trial and error revealed the solution.

In the Motorola software, go to External Accessories.

Program PIN 8 as "CSQ Detect,"  "Output" and "Low", as shown in the image below.

Program PIN 8 like this to achieve COR Active Low
Now your receive radio will signal your ID-O-Matic to key your transmitting radio.

Reference:
Manual for ID-O-Matic

6 comments:

Cactusboy19 said...

Do both radios need to be core active or just the receive?

Anonymous said...

Just the receive radio.
This advice is described here: http://www.hamgadgets.com/Motorola-repeater-interface-cables

I think it would be ok to do both radios though, as long as you're all setup. Maybe later you want to swap them for some reason.

Cactusboy19 said...

The cable that I have is duplex, so my fear is that if both radios where core active it might cause a loop.
This setup is just for an emergency field radio. I already have the same setup with the ID O matic as a GMRS repeater, and I cant remember if I jut have the receive or both setup.

Thanks for the input.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing how to achieve this! Greatly appreciated! 73'

Unknown said...

hello. i need the 1225 software for a repeater i need to change freqs on. any help is appreciated. n8oxa

Darren said...

Sorry I failed to see this post. I hope you found what you needed. I don't know if I still have that 1225 software. It was so long ago. I think I found it in an old forum.